LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MERRY CHRISTMAS

I started this a few minutes ago and my computor froze up so lets see if I can remember what I was say.
Mainly just wanted to say how fortunate and rich I was to have all the family and friends I have from here on LumberJock. I get a special feeling when I read some f the reviews and how I push myself to keep going
This past year hasnt been the best but I am still here and there is a reason for it. We start out to make projects the we can make a few dollars or for a certain reason, this year I made over 200 tree ornaments as I do every year, except this time I give everyone of them away and did'nt feel bad at all about it. Made a few more wood burnings and still have them here at home. OK but they will sell someday or be a nice gift.
Well anyway I wanted to get on here and wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
May yhis past year been the best you have ever had, and may this coming year bring you the best times, results, in everything that comes your way.
Happy Holidays
Jim Earl

·
Registered
13,709 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS

I started this a few minutes ago and my computor froze up so lets see if I can remember what I was say.
Mainly just wanted to say how fortunate and rich I was to have all the family and friends I have from here on LumberJock. I get a special feeling when I read some f the reviews and how I push myself to keep going
This past year hasnt been the best but I am still here and there is a reason for it. We start out to make projects the we can make a few dollars or for a certain reason, this year I made over 200 tree ornaments as I do every year, except this time I give everyone of them away and did'nt feel bad at all about it. Made a few more wood burnings and still have them here at home. OK but they will sell someday or be a nice gift.
Well anyway I wanted to get on here and wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.
May yhis past year been the best you have ever had, and may this coming year bring you the best times, results, in everything that comes your way.
Happy Holidays
Jim Earl
Thanks, Jim!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Lew

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Happy Holidays
Jim Earl
Merry Christmas back to yah, Jim,
...........thanks for the greetings…........

·
Registered
659 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Happy Holidays
Jim Earl
Merry Christmas and happy new year.
May you have a prosperous 2010.

·
Registered
35,383 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Happy Holidays
Jim Earl
Merry Christmas and A Happy and Blessed New Year

·
Registered
17,103 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS

Happy Holidays
Jim Earl
Same to you too Jim. I remember awhile back that you were pretty ill and it wasn't too long ago since you were able to resume your burnings. Having good health or at least good enough health is one of the greatest blessings we can receive and I hope that is and will continue to be the case with you. Hope you are enjoying the holidays.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOODBURNINGS

WELL if it hadn't been for my burnings a lot of my family would not of gotten any Christmas from me. It made me feel good to give them and they all Loved what they got. Some of them asked if I was for sure I wanted to give certain ones to them. well it would of made a little money, but what the hey, I can always burn another one of that type. I missed two of them, but that will be made real easy corrected. so This Christmas came off was a real good holiday. I always wanted it to be the more I can give the better, OK sometimes I wish for a little more of receiving but it pans out to my good.
For the last three weeks I haven't been able to get out to my shop. If it gets below 30 than I can't get lout there. and I have COME DOWN WITH THIS BUG THAT IT GOING AROUND TWICE, SO WHEN IT WARMS UP A LITTLE I'll BE ABLE TO GO OUT AND GET BACK TO WORK.
sorry about the capitol letters my fingers are bigger than the keys and I tend to hit the cap button to often.

·
Registered
214 Posts
WOODBURNINGS

WELL if it hadn't been for my burnings a lot of my family would not of gotten any Christmas from me. It made me feel good to give them and they all Loved what they got. Some of them asked if I was for sure I wanted to give certain ones to them. well it would of made a little money, but what the hey, I can always burn another one of that type. I missed two of them, but that will be made real easy corrected. so This Christmas came off was a real good holiday. I always wanted it to be the more I can give the better, OK sometimes I wish for a little more of receiving but it pans out to my good.
For the last three weeks I haven't been able to get out to my shop. If it gets below 30 than I can't get lout there. and I have COME DOWN WITH THIS BUG THAT IT GOING AROUND TWICE, SO WHEN IT WARMS UP A LITTLE I'll BE ABLE TO GO OUT AND GET BACK TO WORK.
sorry about the capitol letters my fingers are bigger than the keys and I tend to hit the cap button to often.
Handmade gifts are always the greatest… :) I hope you feel better soon

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
WOODBURNINGS

Get well soon Budd.
Shop made presents are always better then store bought.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOODBURNINGS

I give a lot of my best pieces away but it was all worth it. here is a few of the ones I give away

Rectangle Wood Picture frame Art Painting

Horse Liver Toy Art Mane

Attachments

·
Registered
7,855 Posts
WOODBURNINGS

Those are very good burnings! I used to do that kind of woodworking because my dad wouldn't let me use any power tools as I was too young. I still have my equipment and I should use it to embellish my projects.

Get rid of your bug and don't feel alone as I am still taking antibiotics to chase the ones I have in a much warmer climate. I lived in Menomonie while going to school, know your cold, and do not miss temperatures less than 40°F.

·
Registered
21,115 Posts
WOODBURNINGS

Hand crafted are the best. Hope ya feel better Jim

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
WOODBURNINGS

It feels so good to give to other people something that was created by your hands. I hope you feel better soon, I have been sick with the flu since last Tuesday, but plan on getting back to the shop today.
-don

·
Registered
145 Posts
WOODBURNINGS

Jim if it wasn't for my burnings, my kids would have gotten about 1 present a piece. I was lucky enough to sell a few and make enough money to get them most of what they wanted. Keep up the good work buddy and happy holidays toyou and yours.

·
Registered
32,187 Posts
WOODBURNINGS

Nice work, Jim. I'm glad that your Christmas turned out well in spite of some shortcomings.

helluvawreck aka Charles
http://woodworkingexpo.wordpress.com

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WOODBURNINGS

well for the past week, I have been suffering from what I thought was the Bug that was going on. then last night I had my wife to t5ake me into the ER room with chest, stomach pain, and sufferer pack pain. Well it turned out to be some stomach mishaps. Feeling better today only need the the temperature to raise so I can get into my shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
WOODBURNINGS

wow amazing work Jim keep it up. I beleieve that our personalities are in our work, don't you agree??

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.