LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for woodworking seminars, classes

Hi all, i have been trying to find some sort of training for woodworking. was planning to go to asheville but the website has disappeared :(

·
Registered
7,866 Posts

Hi all, i have been trying to find some sort of training for woodworking. was planning to go to asheville but the website has disappeared :(
hey there russ…check out the marc adams schools out the web site is…. marcadams.com i think or just googgle it and it will come up…ive heard good report of folks going there….how is the roof coming..or is it still raining

·
Registered
302 Posts

Russ, Check out the adult education system in your area. Out here we have a fantastic woodworking and woodturning curriculum from the very basic beginner classes to fine furniture classes and everything in between.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hey grizz, i work at clear AFS and have to stay here but the sun is shining but looks like rain when i get back home
Hi a1Jim, travel where i have to. have a vacation coming up in october and my wife has decided to start a new job instead of going home to thailand.
thanks for the tips!
russ

·
Registered
203 Posts

Rockingham Comunity college in NC has a woodworking curriculum i believe.www.rcc.cc.nc.us/pages/tech_degree.php?n=S It says on that page that they offer fins and creative woodworking degrees.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts

hey russ, i thought you meant you were coming down to the lower 48 for a trip and maybe take a few classes…does the university there offer anything…glad to see your working at clear…didnt it shut down..or is it open under a contractor or something…...good luck in finding a resource…..grizzman

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

yes, i plan to take a trip outside. found a website with over 60 schools and found one in KY by Kelly Mehler. clear will be open long after i retire.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks for the ideas! found a weeklong class in Berea, KY. It is taught by Kelly Mehler and Franz Klaus is the guest teacher as well! Should be fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.