LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Southwest Pennsylvania

Does anyone know a reputable mill ( does not have to be a large corporation) in south western Pennsylvania?
We may have a contract to do a selective harvest of almost 20 acres of wild cherry ( an old orchard) with several thousand board foot of lumber.
If you know contact info and pay rates, please let me know!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Southwest Pennsylvania

Does anyone know a reputable mill ( does not have to be a large corporation) in south western Pennsylvania?
We may have a contract to do a selective harvest of almost 20 acres of wild cherry ( an old orchard) with several thousand board foot of lumber.
send a message to the guys at Good Hope Hardwoods. i know that they deal with alot of cherry especially the figured stuff. just a little mom and pop business. very nice people.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Southwest Pennsylvania

Will any of the wood be available for sale?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Southwest Pennsylvania

We want the milled lumber to be for public sale….however, right now we are having problems gaining permission to log the property.
I can only do so much in swaying the property owner's mind.
We understand the value of the timber AND selective logging practices, however, it is their property and they have every right to manage it the way they see fit.
This does mean a cancellation of any tree work or carpentry work they ask us to do in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Southwest Pennsylvania

So…Does anyone know a few saw mills in western PA?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.