LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
His name is Sir Nicholas Winton. He just turned 105 years old. That's an accomplishment in itself.

How does it compare to Saving 669 Children from the German "Camps" by arranging safe passage to Britain in 1939.

His actions remained a secret until his Wife found all of the "Evidence" hidden in the attic a number of years ago.

He hid it and kept it as HIS Secret because he felt there might be repercussions on the children if they were ever discovered.

How large has that 669 now become? Has it taught them anything? You'll see what it has taught them in the Video

Watch for the Dali Lama and his very Wise Words about "The Future".

""Restoring Your Faith In Humanity"

I hope you enjoy the video and perhaps receive a little Inspiration from it.

Blessings To All: Rick

·
Registered
28,289 Posts
That was a great video. It was so nice to get to see all the people he saved later in life. God has keep him long on Earth for doing such a good job!!............Jim

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
(MY OPINION ONLY!) It's unfortunate that more Members are not watching this video or are perhaps just not commenting if they have watched it.

I've watched many hundreds of videos on YouTube, some similar to this one.

BUT! This one tugs hard at your Heartstrings. It brought a few tears to my eyes. It is/was an accomplishment by Sir Nicholas that I have never seen matched or anything near it.

I've seen a number of videos on the Nazi Death Camps and the Very Graphic Horrors that went on there.

These children were spared from that by One Person. The original figure of 669 has now blossomed into ???? 2/3/4 Thousand? Some of whom have carried on the "Goodness" of what they realised this is all about

In fact neither they or their parents would even be here today if this "Event" had not happened.

That's it. Remember please this is NOT intended to chastise, find fault, or criticize anyone. I think MY Strong Emotional Reaction, possibly of a Sub-Conscious nature has a lot to do with it.

Best Regards To All: Rick

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If that doesn t rip your guts out, nothing will. I d never heard/seen that story. Thanks sooooo much for posting.
Bill

- Bill White
Thanks for your comment Bill. "rip you guts out" is one way of putting it. However you put it, it TUGS HARD at something! I'm pleased that you "enjoyed" it and you're certainly very welcome.

Regards: Rick

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
You are right Rick! That is a moving and emotional video. Thank you for directing me to it.

My Best,
Bob

- BurlyBob
Hey Bob:

I'm pleased that you enjoyed it. I think everyone will probably get there own message from it. "Directing" You there was my Pleasure!

Regards: Rick

PS: I'm going to give you the benefit of the Doubt here and assume that "Wee Little Fish" you have in your Avatar is Bait for a BIG Pike or a HUGE Muskie! ...LOL… YEP! Me also. Bucketmouth is my favourite pursuit!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.