LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,678 Posts
I have always wanted to build one of those. But…............ one of them there items that is too low in priority:-(

·
Registered
17,103 Posts
It might be fun to make a miniature one of those that could be run with a finger. It is a cheap way to get into turning.
I have seen exactly this model quite a few years ago. A well known turner in Sweden had one. I don't know if he designed it. I'll send you a pic of the article later today which shows him using it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Roy underhill, is too skinny. I like to use my Jet and eat M&Ms. Excercise only make water come out of my skin. LOL. Looks cool, but I can only imagine the skill it requires to keep a tool steadt while pumping a foot constantly. I have trouble with 2 feet planted firmly.
Thanks for posting, by the way there is an interesting member who has a pedal operated table saw here on lumberjocks, he make lots of crazy 3D tables and stuff.

·
Registered
17,103 Posts
Here's the photo I promised Jim. The Swedish guys name is Kurt Johanson. This is from an article written about 15 years ago. I thought you might like to see it in action.

"Photobucket"

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
That's a beautiful tool, well built, rugged and efficient. I'm not so sure I'm coordinated enough to manage the footpedal and turning. Jim, as for saving energy, I reckon I'm guilty of wanting to save my own as long as I can pay the utility bill. I hope I get to see it operate sometime. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.