Ryobi - ONE+ 18-Volt 7-1/4 in. Cordless Mite (Rating: 5)

Yes I know RYOBI. The last Ryobi product I bought was 20+ years ago and have always thought of them as homeowner specials and not something a contractor of 30 years would use that has always tried to work with "Big Boy" tools.
So why did I try this out? I needed a lightweight miter saw to cut some trim in a remodel I'm working on and I didn't want to keep dragging around my Bosch 12" sliding miter saw nor did I want to keep traveling back and forth to the Bosch either. I spotted this little guy on a fix it show and thought what the heck for $99 bare tool cost plus the $59 for the battery and charger I could always return it if I didn't like it. The good thing is that it's cordless, no cord to keep dragging around. Would I call this a powerful saw? NO. Is it powerful enough to cut a 2×4? Yes! .Would I cut 2×4's all day with it? No way, all the trim I had to cut was 3" or smaller and it works great on all of that material but you need a spare battery(another $32) if you're going to do a job that's going to take more than a couple hours.
All and all It's a good little saw for smaller work but I wouldn't buy it for my only miter saw. I give it 5 stars.
If you want one it will take a lot of shopping around because they seemed to be out of stock most of the places I shop at, even many of the sellers on ebay.

It has lots of positives:

light weight
handy handle
it uses a standard circular saw 7 1/4 blades.
It has a bag for dust collection
It uses 18v Lithium Ion batteries
it has a laser
3-year limited warranty

Areas in need of improvement:
a little longer battery life
a 40 tooth saw blade instead of the 24 tooth it comes with