LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
I now have a router table mounted as an extension to my table saw. I also made a Shop Notes router lift that I mounted to that same router table. I have a router fence that has dust collection built into it so that part is not an issue. The issue is when I cut grooves or dados the dust collection from the fence cannot work, it needs to be from underneath the table. My collector is a shop-vac, not the industrial type dust collectors. The vac can use either 1 1/4" hose or the large 2" hose.

I have found a commercial solution: Keen Products Dust Collector Kit for Router Tables . However some have had problems with this unit and router lifts.

The second thought that I had was to make a kind of manifold under the table with a movable plate between the router and the table top. The router would not be able to be lifted all of the way up. but still might work.

Anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I could never figure it out, that was the only thing I didn't like about the wing mounted router table. I did consider boxing it in, much like a free standing table would be, and pipe the DC to the box. I wasn't sure with my particular setup the extension would take any more weight than I already had on it.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I bought a large new unit at Christmas but as you know I work slow so I havent made the table yet.The whole set up mis designed for a spindle moulder complete with a four inch dust port it is said to be ideal for use in a router table since it is a really well thought out unit I bought the complete kit with fence sliding fingers and sliding table fences if any one want a look let me know sorry to hijack your thread .I intend to make a seperate router table set up and feel this should work well. Alistair

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really plan on using either the fence dust collection or the under table collection. From what I have seen they are really independent of one another. I am in the process of building a manifold type adapter. I will keep you posted on how it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.