LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to rig a jig to rout out a groove for a mirror after I cut the waste wood away from the piece I was fixin to carve. And I wanted my wife to see all the curves she would have to make in the piece of mirror before I went to the trouble of carving it.
She looked and no problem she says.
So this was a one time use of two pieces of wood. Wanting something that would not slip around pushing the router over the wood I scrolled sawed some shapes in the wood that would accept the frame so the wood would not move while the router was doing its thing. Wood Workbench Machine tool Tool Table
Wood Workbench Machine tool Tool Table
My table saw is my work bench.
Wood Gas Automotive exterior Rectangle Flooring

I've been making things like this ever since I got in to wood working. Running and buying things that I might not ever use again has never appealed to me. But the welding clamps are the most used clamps of any in my shop.

· Registered
1,447 Posts
I wouldn't attempt anything that fancy. My complements on the design and building the frame. BTW, I use my TS for a lot of things; workbench is one. Looking for the finished project.
Wife is happy...you are happy.

· Registered
52 Posts
such things, it is better to cut with an electric string. It is immediately painted, has a decorative relief and does not need to be sanded. 24 volt rectifier and 1 meter of nichrome string. Good luck........

Attachments

· Registered
10 Posts
Lovely work.

Must be 50? of the swivel pad vise grip 11 clamps around here. They are pretty much king of the hill when it comes to speed..... short of pnuematic(which is nice BTW,and a whole lot easier than most craftsman consider).

They "repeat"... meaning,pop it off pop/click it back on. One tip.... if at all possible,try to always orient the take down lever.... up,or on the top. It may seem minor but,when you have about 2 dz in a line on tough glue ups, just speeds things "up".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts