LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
So I have a question for anyone posting pictures from a smart phone. My students are posting pictures directly from their phone and the pictures are posting sideways. As a basic phone user, I have no idea what to tell them to do in order to fix the problem.

I have suggested that they go into their gallery and try to rotate them before posting, but it's difficult for them to have the foresight to know how they will post, and rotate the pictures accordingly prior to uploading.

Does anyone have any tips? There are a wide variety of phones including iPhones, Droids, and Galaxies, so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
10,887 Posts
You have to take the pic with sideways or rotate then save, then rotate back and save. It only happens to the 6 pics in the group and not when you post straight to this area that I'm typing in. Iphone6 is what I have. Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I have had the same problem. To solve it, I cropped the picture ever so slightly, or maybe even none at all, then save it. It should post in the correct orientation after that.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Are they posting the photos from their phone or are they getting to a computer first?

From a computer can easily rotate the photo in any program. From the phones, there is an edit button when you look at the camera roll. There is a rotate button on there. On iPhones, it is a white square with an arrow left. A phone will always post the image the way it looks when you hold the phone up and look at the picture.

My guess it that they are taking photos looking down a something. That is when it gets messed up. Have them tilt the phone up a second and then slowly lower it. Landscape or portrait do not matter. Up is up, no matter which ratio is being used.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have had the same problem. To solve it, I cropped the picture ever so slightly, or maybe even none at all, then save it. It should post in the correct orientation after that.
- MT_Stringer
That worked for me, too. I edited the picture on my iMac in Photos, cropped it a tad in each direction and saved it - then uploaded it and it came out in portrait orientation, just like it was supposed to.

Thanks, Mike!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.