LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Hey everyone, well I felt like Christmas yesterday when my Father In law dropped off a Rockwell 14" Bandsaw Model #28-243 to my shop. I been wanting a good bandsaw for a while now and I feel like a kid with a new toy… Yay!!!

Now he bought it from a small custom guitar shop here locally that was going out of business. This machine is in excellent shape (I honestly don't think they used it much) but has no manual. I am not sure what size blade goes on this little gem. It has a brand new 3/4" blade on there now but it does not have the length anywhere on the blade.

I was hoping a fellow LJ may be able to enlighten me on this. I did Google for manuals or info with no luck.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that was what was on the saw when purchased. I am not complaining at all. Hardly used band saw with a six inch riser setup for $200…. No complaints here…lol

I do plan on buying a couple of blades for it soon. I found a few on Rockler I plan on snagging…. Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I use a 3/4" timberwolf blade for re-sawing on my 14" Jet without any issues what so ever. I get a better cut than with the 1/2" both at 3 TPI.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to know Chris. I have "0" experience with a band saws and that is what I was thinking (but I had not experience to back it up…lol)

I still need to wire up a switch on it so I can try it out (it was hard wired in at the buisness where purchased). I will give the blade a try to see how it handles. From what I understand from watching videos and reading up the longer the blade the straighter the cut. I may be totally wrong with this theory though…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.