Rockler - Thin Rip Tablesaw Jig (Rating: 5)

This is a Rockler product that is well made and does exactly what it says it will do. It's about $20 if you get it at regular price.

I have used it on two occasions to rip several 1/8" strips to face the front of birch plywood wall shelves. Tonight the strips were from a drop of Poplar that otherwise would have been used as a bunch of stirring sticks on its way to the burn pile. I got three 1/8" x 96" pieces from the 3/4" x 5/8" x 96" I started with.

Wood Composite material Triangle Bridge Metal

Wood Shade Rectangle Parallel Tints and shades

I have seen the complaint that the scale is not numbered, but IMO that is not a problem since all you have to do is set the tip to the blade edge, then back it off 1/16" or 1/8" or 3/16" or whatever the desired rip thickness is (the scale is in 16ths, but seeing 32nds is easily do-able as well), then after the first cut back it off the same distance (number of lines on the scale) for the next and every successive rip. The numbers would not mean anything to me.

The guide wheel kind of acts as a feather board just before the blade, then the riving knife of the saw actually helps keep the piece against the fence after the blade, so there is not any drift or flopping around even running the last 3/8" wide piece through the saw. Of course, the push stick was absolutely useless the last couple of inches on the last cut, but I dealt with the loss somehow. ;=)

It is a very useful jig that (for once) costs less than the trouble to make one. It has already saved me 64 feet of 3/4" screen mold (and the gas and time to go get it), so in my mind it paid for itself on the second date.

Worthy of 5 starts and highly recommended if you need thin rips.