LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
I am thinking of buying one of these and replacing my Delta 50-760 dust collector with it. The goal is to save space by reducing the footprint for dust collection. Wood working is a hobby for me and I never run more than one machine at a time. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Rikon 63-100? Will I be doing myself a disservice by getting rid of the Delta?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If I remember correctly, the Delta was one of the more powerful solutions and is well worth keeping.

What I suggest is making some modifications to it.

Add a Wynn Environmental Filter to increase flow and reduce particle size emissions (they go down to 0.5microns), and use a Thien Cyclone to remove most of the dust before it hits the filter.

There are a LOT of articles on this process if you do a search.

Here is my space saving design for a dust collector.

Shelf Wood Shelving Stool Gas

Attachments

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Consider ducting. For me, that effectively cut down on the footprint bc I don't need to move it regularly. it's stuck in a corner.

Personally, I wouldn't replace a more effective DC with a less effective DC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.