LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
all rumors, but what those rumors are saying is that a new saw will be introduced sometime in the summer - maybe the 4511 with a cast iron top, maybe the 4511 as is will return, or maybe something completely different (unlikely- but these are all rumors so it's everyone's guess)...

Ridgid is known to now really disclose of anything before and sometimes even after a product release, so you'll probably see it in the stores before you'll hear about it… unless like the 4511 it'll leak somehow.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was surprised they had no real full sized TS models out now. As a TS4650 owner, I have to say I love their full sized saws. I got way more then I paid for. Powerful, quiet, accurate, and durable.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Pretty much any rumor that I've ever heard about a supposedly soon to be released Ridgid tool has turned out to be just that, a rumor with no basis in fact. There was a rumor back in 2008 that Ridgid was coming out with a new bandsaw, never happened. There was a rumor that Ridgid was discontinuing their 6" jointer, hasn't happened yet. I've seen where some people think that the delay in introducing a new Ridgid table saw is because of the lawsuit that Ryobi recently lost…....rubbish.

·
Registered
376 Posts
They did sneak a large shipment of R4511s into Home Depot last month, but whether it's about cleaning out inventory or re-introducing is anyone's guess.

That said, Orion seems to be hurting. Their flagship brand got knocked out of Woodcraft, the Ridgid version is technically out of Home Depot and I can only imagine when the Craftsman version will leave Sears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.