LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went down there and it took a lot of work but they finally found out the item was actually on clearance because they wouldn't believe me. Ended up paying the new price of 299$, Couldn't be happier.

From what I saw there was 1 R4511 left, and maybe even more. So if you can get to the Houston FM1960 Home Depot I would highly recommend picking up this saw.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I took my receipt over there yesterday. The head cashier gave me no problems at all. They'll refund the price difference on anything within 90 days. I used the money I saved and bought the Ryobi TEK4 combo and a Milwaukee drill/radio combo AND got money back.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
why is it so inexpensive? I just looked around and it looks like HD doesn't carry any ridgid TS's and i couldn't find it for sale online either. Am I missing something? why stop carrying one of the saws that continually wins "best value".

·
Registered
807 Posts
The rumor is that it's too heavy to ship so they're getting rid of all of them. There's also a rumor that a replacement saw is on the way with a cast iron top.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My Dad bought one on the 3rd with a 15% off harbor frieght coupon…. then went back after they dropped the price to $299. They gave him back the difference.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Apparently the Jointer is also on sale for 199$ at some home depots. I am seriously considering dropping in to one or two, and bring a HF 20% coupon and Lowes 10% coupon ( they might not take the HF coupon ).

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
It has been out a while. Rumor has it, that the saw was heavy and cost a lot more to ship than other Cast Iron TS. And Home Depot wasn't moving that type of saw as fast as some of their smaller more mobile saws. There was also a recall on 3000 of the saws made. Recall was for the arbor. There was 3 instances where the arbor bolt broke while using a dado. No one was hurt, but Ridgid recall about 3000 of them. You call the number and they would send someone out to replace the bolt. The one I got was not part of that 3000.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Rigid has decided to discontinue this saw because of the increased shipping and handling costs. I would normally think that this was an 'excuse' reason to cover something up BUT priced at $599.00 it was only $50.00 over the price of the 3650/60. Thats not a lot of shipping and handling or increased cost of production. It really sounds like someone made a bad marketing decision when it was first released and they don't have any other way out. just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
I agree with rtb- I think it has to do with the saw being underpriced to begin with, which couldn't cover well enough the shipping ,and production expenses- or something along those lines. I think it's a great buyers saw for all those that already got or can get it. best warranty in the market.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.