LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Home Depot has marked the Ridgid Jointer/Planer JP0610 for Clearance.
The price in the NW Chicago suburbs is now only $299.

This unit was previously $429 at HD and is currently listed on Amazon at $629.
My research indicates most owners are very happy with this model.

I just picked one up yesterday and the associate confirmed the price is Clearance, not a new lower price.
So, they should disappear pretty fast at this price!

Also, if you are active duty or a veteran, you can get another 10% off of the clearance price, bringing it down to $270. Picking up this Jointer/Planer for this price is incredible. You would pay this much for a bench top model!

Put mine together last evening in about 1-1/2 hours. Solid construction and clear set up instructions.

If your in the hunt for a Jointer/Planer or have been on the fence about adding to your shop, better check out this deal in a hurry!

Good luck.

·
Registered
454 Posts
In all fairness, I haven't seen this particular one. However, I bought a Ridgid band saw, and I was sorry.
It works well enough, but there are lots of little things that aren't done quite as nicely as a more expensive model. I'm saving up my money now for a Delta made-in-USA one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Follow up-
Got a chance to give it a test run this evening, after cleaning the packing grease from the bed and giving it a coat of wax.

Manual stated that it was calibrated at the factory, but I assumed some tweaking might be necessary. Everything was dead on, right out of the box. Even the preset 45-90-135 fence angle stops were accurate. when checked with my Wixey digital angle gauge.

Planed some 4" stock, removing slight cupping in 3 passes. Jointed the edge with no problems. Face was glassy smooth and 90 degrees to the glue ready edge.

Picked up a mobile base from Rockler (on sale right now and if you order via Amazon, shipping is Free) and now I can easily move it around my small work space.

Bob- yeah I read several bad reviews of their Band Saw. But reviews of the Jointer/Planer appear mostly positive and I am very happy with the quality. And of course you can't beat the price.

·
Premium Member
4,326 Posts
I just picked one up as well but I had to drive to a distant store. I asked the salesman why other HDs were not marking their jointers and drill presses for clearance, he said it was only the "low volume" stores that are lowering the prices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.