LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I remember General (International) coming out with some granite top machines.

On the other hand, I can already see the tooling for that saw sold to some other manufacturer and we begin seeing R4511 clones with some unknown brands. I'm pretty sure BusyBee's new jointer model is the Ridgid one.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
BlankMan said: "We may have witnessed the rise and fall of granite table top machines. That leaves Steel City, anybody else making them?"

Craftsman's new 22116 that's supposedly replacing the 22124 has a granite top, as does the new GI 50-240GT.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised to see Ridgid offer the same saw with a cast top. For a tool that HD put zero marketing and promotion into they sure had a good response in sales.

That hybrid design is really the best of all worlds for anybody that has suffered through the contractor design.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are a few telling things about this whole machine.

1) The arbor issue. Ridgid did the responsible thing and did a recall. Steel city did not
2) Ridgid has now decided to get away from this machine for whatever reason. Steel City is not….

·
Registered
667 Posts
We may have witnessed the rise and fall of granite table top machines. That leaves Steel City, anybody else making them?

I still believe that granite makes great counter tops just not good tool tops.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
I wonder what's the reason behind the discoutinue decision, and wonder if and what would be the replacement in the future.

All in all, I'm glad I got mine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Crud…. I hope nothing breaks on mine because I'm sure this is going to make parts harder to find. I wonder if Ridgid was aware of this for awhile due to the lack of a Dado throat plate. I gave up the search and I am currently attempting to make one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.