LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I thought I would post the information I received from Delta in 1997 on how to wire the Delta 34-444 (circa 1990) table saw for either 115 or 220 VAC. I'm doing this because I'm pretty disappointed that this is not a standard set of information in the user manuals, and thought it would be good to have it archived in the internet.

Here is the information, verbatim:

Remove cover from wiring compartment in motor endbell. Inside the compartment you will find different color wires hat terminate in quick connect terminals. These wires are connected to 1/4" male spade terminals which are secured to a white plastic terminal board. The 1/4" male spade terminals are marked with the numbers 1,2,4,5,6.

For 115 volts:
a. Brown and red motor leads are connected to terminal 2
b. Blue motor lead is connected to terminal 4
c. Line 1 of power cord is also connected to terminal 4
d. line 2 of power cord is connected to terminal 1

To reconnect for 230 volts:
a. Remove brown motor lead from terminal 2 and connect it to terminal 6.
b. Remove blue motor lead from terminal 4 and connect it to terminal 2.
c. Do not touch power line connections. Leave them connected to terminals 1 and 4.

Replace the cover on the wiring compartment. Cut the 115 volt attachment plug off the power supply cord and install a 230 volt attachment plug.

·
Premium Member
25,692 Posts
It probably depends on the motor manufacturer. Some have spade connections as described, others just have numbered wires connected with wire nuts, some just have color coded wires, ect….

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.