LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
You're all correct!!

I've cut veneer against the fence down to 1/16".
Just for fun I've cut it down to just over 1/32" without teeth hitting the fence. :)

If one is worried about hitting the fence u could always line your fence with some UMHW or wood…..

Resawing is one of the most rewarding procedures, isn't it?

Using bookmatched figured wood for sequential drawer fronts is to me so neat and it conserves a really nice board.

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
You re all correct!!

I ve cut veneer against the fence down to 1/16".
Just for fun I ve cut it down to just over 1/32" without teeth hitting the fence. :)

If one is worried about hitting the fence u could always line your fence with some UMHW or wood…..

- rwe2156
That's what I've done. And you would want a taller resaw fence anyway than the stock one. So, just make it out of ply and you don't have to worry about damaging the teeth.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks one and all. Pretty conclusive.

Now I m off to make a proper fence, just proving the Murphy corollary: Whatever you would do, something else must be done first.

- KellyB

I spend as much time making jigs etc. as I do for the project. sometimes more.

- daddywoofdawg
I'm glad you said that. Makes me feel much better knowing I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
659 Posts
A rare opportunity to quote two things at once…

Right now I'm spending all of my time in the shop setting up new tools and building shop accessories….so that I can eventually build a jig.

Now I m off to make a proper fence, just proving the Murphy corollary: Whatever you would do, something else must be done first.

- KellyB

I spend as much time making jigs etc. as I do for the project. sometimes more.

- daddywoofdawg

I m glad you said that. Makes me feel much better knowing I m not the only one.

- KellyB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.