LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have one of those wood slicers. I struggled with other brands for years then last year bought one in desperation. It is thin and shiny and seems to be harder than other blades. After doing about 20 resaw cuts in hard maple it is still like new. I've left in on the machine all year for other things. It seems no worse for the wear. My bandsaw issues have gone away.

Superior steel is your answer, I believe.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Another vote for the Wood Slicer by Highland Woodworking. I had read about it, but thought how could it be that much different. I broke down and bought one a few months ago. Amazing, It's the only blade I will ever use for re-sawing.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Try http://www.supercutbandsaw.com/index.html
I used to buy Woodslicer blades but found them to go dull quickly I found 1/2" re-saw carbide blades from Supercut to last a lot lot lot longer and cost about the same as woodslicer blades. I use their "Premium Gold Carbide Blades that have three teeth per inch (hook cut.)
I strongly recommend this blade.
I resaw a lot of six inch maple and cedar.Totaling abount 500 board feet a year.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I've had good luck with a 3 tooth, 1/2" TimberWolf blade on my 20" Delta bandsaw. I keep it on that saw all the time, and it works well enough up to the 10" or so width I've tried with it. I resaw quite a bit for my boxes. I've not tried the WoodSlicer blades, but there are many who swear by them.
Roger

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.