LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I need to remove my splitter from my Dewalt Bench table saw. I've loosened the one wing nut making it loose bit I can't pull it up to remove it. The manual says it just comes straight up. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

Rance

Note: Please no nannying on why it should stay.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dkirtley,

Here's the Manual: http://support.dewalt.com/cgi-bin/dewalt.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3026&p_created=1169812113&p_topview=1 . Mine does not appear to match that dwg. exactly, but very close. Looking at Figure 11 on pg 6, I have the knob GG but not the studs FF. The pics of the splitter show a slot, not a hole so it should just pull straight up.

The single wing nut(GG) is held in by a mechanism to keep from loosing it. It is completely unscrewed and doesn't appear to be the component prohibiting the removal. Also, there isn't any side to side play to maybe allow it to be moved off of a pin(like on a saw stop).

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, waddaya know, I finally figured it out, then I go look in the manual (again) and see that they actually did explain it. You first unscrew the wing nut, then you press it in. Dooooooooooh. Thanks for trying though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.