LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi,

My 7 ton Harbor Freight electric log splitter just bit the dust. I'd had it for 5 years and probably split 2 cords. After the first year it started having problems with hydraulic fittings. I think I'm going to go with something other than Harbor Freight this time. Does anybody have any suggestions? I would consider electric or gas powered. $1000 or less.

Thanks,
Mazzy

·
Registered
115 Posts
There's several 22 ton splitters out there for a k or just under.
Do a search, look at your home centers and farm supply stores.
I own a 22 ton Husky that I bought from Tractor Supply or Farm and Fleet for just under a grand.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have an "Earthquake" brand, electric/hydraulic 5-ton splitter that I bought at Tractor Supply a few years back. I wanted the "quiet convenience" of electric power.

I've split maybe 5 or 6 cords in that time. Works great and I've had no problems. I split wood for my shop's wood stove, so I haven't put it through any massive amount of wood splitting. If I recall correctly, I spent in the vicinity of $225.00.

Cheers!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advise. I ended up buying a 22 ton Ariens. Has a local company that can service it and all the reviews look good.

Mazzy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.