LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here I go

I think I have all the preliminaries taken care of. Got the profile done, the email preferences set, a couple of projects listed and now I'm in and ready to start being humbled. Seriously, there are a bunch of outstanding looking projects here. I'm confident I can gain knowledge and ideas from this site. I look forward to future exchanges and comments.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Well here I go

I think I have all the preliminaries taken care of. Got the profile done, the email preferences set, a couple of projects listed and now I'm in and ready to start being humbled. Seriously, there are a bunch of outstanding looking projects here. I'm confident I can gain knowledge and ideas from this site. I look forward to future exchanges and comments.
Welcome to LumberJocks. Seem as how this is your first day we won't bug you about not having photos with your blog….just kidding. Someone will bring it up I'm sure.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Well here I go

I noticed that the unwritten rule #1 isn't posted anywhere, but is still valid.

Rule #1 - No pictures = does not exist in 'project land'.

Glad to have you here, appears you have a fair share of
know-how to impart to us as well.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well here I go

Welcome and enjoy the fellowship with other who share the passion of woodworking.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
Well here I go

Or in other words - NPDH - No Pictures, Didn't Happen

Welcome

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well here I go

Yep, kind of like that big fish that got away. Welcome aboard! You've joined a group filled with talented people that are willing to share everything they know. That's good, cause I need all the knowledge I can get.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Well here I go

Welcome to LumberJocks. Say good-bye to the shop, now that you have found this site you'll never get away from the Computer.

·
Registered
27,252 Posts
Well here I go

I agree with toyguy. It is difficult to get away from the computer knowing that all these interesting projects are being posted. I guess we are need to consider getting up at routinely 4 in the morning in order to have a few more hours available to squeeze in some time in the shop.

Here I am sitting in front of this computer when I should be out patching my roof which was lost some shingles in the tornado that came through here earlier this week. But there is always tomorrow.

·
Registered
26,886 Posts
Well here I go

Don't give up the fishing MtnMan but you will find this site is time consuming, worth every minute. Welcome to LJ's.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Well here I go

Welcome from another LumberJocks newbie!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Well here I go

Oh wow! So that's where they get all that gravel! LOL!

Welcome to LumberJocks Mike…Lookin' forward to seein more!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Well here I go

Is that a board forest?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well here I go

Yes sir Blake. It's AMAZING what I find when I'm not really even really looking for it.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Well here I go

Now that is the way to get lumber!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well here I go

Trouble is all the good lumber I find is quarter sawn (probably can't tell from the picture). Hence the need for a band saw, right? I guess I first need to figure out where I'd end up putting it. See Rambling #2.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Workshop Eviction Notice (what to do?)

Problem resolved!
I feel your pain, buddy. My partner's car is in the shop and when it makes it triumphant return home I'll be in the same situation. It is a 1982 Mercedes that was given to her by her father when he passed away. She agreed on parking the Honda SUV on the driveway, but isn't as agreeable about the Mercedes. I plan on putting as many things as I can on wheels to make it easier to move stuff around and have prepared myself to back the Mercedes out when I want to work in the "shop" or promise not to do any cutting or "sawdust throwing" with the car inside and can't be moved due to inclement weather…lol. Beautiful barn, by the way! :)

·
Registered
110 Posts

Problem resolved!
Are you serious? Asking a group of total strangers what is the best way to handle a demanding wife?

Write her a note, she will love the sensitivity, and you will love being forced to drive 116 miles to do something you like but she hasn't give you permission to do..

This is exactly what all that sensitive BS has gotten you. Be the man or don't. Just stop whining about it.

·
Registered
897 Posts

Problem resolved!
I say make the move, put a bench in the garage (if it will fit) for some mid-week hand tool fun, and head out to the cabin for some good long Saturdays with just you and the wood. As a guy with a 6×8 shop, your barn looks like a dream. I wouldn't think twice about driving 2 hours just to have a space like that.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Problem resolved!
Here's what we did … when we purchased our home a year ago, my husband was good enough to give me the entire 2 1/2 car garage for a workshop … while his Audi TT coup sat out in the driveway. That lasted about 3 months before he started making noise about the car cover wasn't really protecting it. So I compromised and said he could have half the garage if I could split it up with a wall down the center. As you all know, the workshop is a haven away from the rest of the world and I thought the wall would at least give me that. Again, this lasted for a little while, but I got kind of tired of having to share my space. So I thought about it awhile and decided that if I wanted my own space, it was going to be HIS idea :)

So, l started buying books and magazines on "The Ultimate Man Garage" ... pretty soon, he was willing to do ANYTHING to give me my own shop, so that he could have the ENTIRE garage. We looked at building one, but I wanted it yesterday. We came across an Amish family that builds garden sheds and their largest a 12×32 would get me by. The best part once we ordered it, we had it on site in 2 weeks. And it cost the same or less than building it myself.

I would hate to drive 2 hours to work in the shop or just get away. But if I had fishing, hunting and the outdoors, outside my shop, I would be in heaven.

Don't sell the pickup, it's part of your lifestyle. And it will get you 116 miles down the road to your shop. :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.