LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought a dewalt ROS about a year ago. I have only used it a handful of times so far but I noticed that the rotation of the head seems fairly easy to stall. It still vibrates, but the rotation can be stopped fairly easily.

I know that lightening the pressure would lessen this problem but I was wondering if this is just par for the course or do I have a lemon. I would love to be able to speed up the process with a litter more pressure for rough sanding.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I have a DeWalt ROS and love it. I have noticed it will stop spinning with heavy pressure. I just back off a little bit and not be in such a hurry. Does this with heavy grit paper, 80-100. Finer grits, 150-320, it don't stall at all. Just take your time and it will get the job done!

·
Registered
175 Posts
A ROS sander should not be rotating, hence than name ROS. It should look like it is vibrating instead of rotating like an old drill sanding disk. Most good ROS have a feature that prevents rotation until the sander is placed on the work surface.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. I was just looking for some affirmation here. Up until I bought the Dewalt, I had only been using a vibrating sheet sander. As far as the Dewalt goes, its a nice sander just in case anyone is looking for one. Dust collection is pretty darn good even with only the bag attached.

Thanks again all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.