LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

118 Posts
Hello all, Thanks for taking the time to review this post!

Background to my question- I have been making and selling platters with epoxy/stone inlays in them. The platters have a slight concave cup in them and they are 12"-20" in any direction/dimension. I have been free-handing the inlay grooves with a panel router, and I'd like to start using templates for some of them.

My question is this- Is there template material that is slightly flexible, and will bend or deflect say, 1/2 an inch, over 12 inches? I'm looking to cut a template, then clamp it at the bottom of the platter, rout it out, then move the clamp over and rout out the other side.

If you want to get a sense for my platters- go to, and click on the platters link.

Thanks for your ideas!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.