LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Just got this email yesturday.

If you have ever been to a Grizzly® "Scratch & Dent" Tent Sale, you understand why woodworkers and metalworkers form long lines to get in early. Grizzly® will liquidate an impressive quantity of scratched, dented and as-is woodworking and metalworking machines, tools, and accessories, as well as samples and one-of-a-kind items. This is definitely an event that no bargain hunter shouldmiss.

May 15th, 8AM - 3PM
Showroom Open Until 6PM
1203 Lycoming Mall Circle Muncy, PA 17756

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I think we should clarify that the scratch and dent sale is only for people who travel to the site. It is not available for internet purchases. I believe they have one each year at each of their 3 sites.

They have no big over-the-internet sale that I am aware of. However, they often put certain items on sale for a limited period of time during the year. They often offer free shipping on certain items.

My opinion - Grizzly products are so reasonably priced that they do not have to be on sale for you to get a good deal.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I'm fortunate to live 5 hours from a Grizzly store. I haven't gone to any of their scratch and dent sales, usually they happen when I happen to be strapped for cash. A common problem for me.LOL But I can say that my first trip was quite pleasurable and I haven't felt like I got stung buying over the net. Their tools are priced for the common man to afford decent machinery.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I saved up a couple of thousand dollars and made a trip to the Springfield store to buy a bandsaw. The one that I had picked out in the catalog was priced at $1800 and I wanted to see the showroom so I made the four hour trip. When I walked in I noticed a new line of bandsaws that were not in the catalog. They were just introducing the "G" series which was a huge leap up from the one that I went to purchase and at a much lower price, $750. I still spent nearly my whole wad but I drove home with the bandsaw, one of their best variable speed lathes, a 13" planer, a brad nailer, and a few blades. The tools they sell are from China but I have been very happy with mine. I was able to resaw paper thin veneers the day I uncrated the bandsaw with a 1/2" blade and absolutely no tuning.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have 10 of there wood working tools and only a bad stwich on one and the sent me a new one the day I called .No ?s asked ,and no shipping.
Bellingham,wa. June 26th.
Good Luck.
Chuck

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
If you've never been to one of their tent sales before you are in for a treat! My son and I have 4 Grizzly "floor standing" tools between us and have never had a problem.
The year we went to the Springfield sale we brought a pickup and trailer full home that included the above mentioned tools (2 drill presses, a 6" jointer, and a bandsaw) I also purchased a ceiling mounted air cleaner $30, a bench mounted fluorescent magnifying light $10, and several other items that slip my mind right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.