LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,646 Posts
CL has a RS1000 for 250.00 right now. I am tempted. I am in the market for adding a RAS or maybe two RAS to our collection. We currently run a Ridgid TS3660 and TS4511. My idea would be to rip my plywood on the TS and then cross cut my cabinet sides on the RAS using a stop block set up. That would add consistency, efficiency and speed to the operation. The second RAS I want to add would be set up with a Dado blade as we run a cross cut Dado on the top and bottom of all of our cabinet sides. I looked and the RS1000 only has a 13" cross cut. I would run a dado on this RAS and would set up a stop block on the left and right side of the dado blade, this way on a cabinet side that is cut 23 1/4" wide I could cut 1/2 of the dado on the top, move the cabinet side down to the other stop, cut 1/2 dado on the bottom, turn the piece 180 degrees and finish the last 1/2 of the dado on top and bottom. Any suggestions or advice. I do think 2 RAS added to our shop will help our overall production of the cabinets. Right now I dado using a jig and top mounted bearing on a router straight bit. This is a slow process but leaves a clean cut.

·
Banned
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rhett, I actually never thought about those two ideas. Can you give me some recommendations as to a slider for a TS and also a good panel router. I have 9 routers because I love routers but I don't have any panel router system. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
786 Posts
HER-SAF makes the best. You can pick up a used one for around $1500. Sounds like alot, but new they are about 10x that. You can also make one with a kit. With two interchangable plates, one for a circular saw and one for a router, you can handle plywood allday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.