LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
using each others talents

I often look over all the new projects displayed here on LumberJocks and think how lucky all of you really are to have the talent to be able to make so many and beautiful peices of ART. I have worked with wood for over 30 years now, everything from construction, finish carpenter, cabinate maker, craftsman and now wood burning. Many of you have seen many of my peices of work but several have not been posted. I have produce over 300 pictures in the last couple of years, and try and do alittle more on each one. I Love burning pictures on just about any piece of wood I can find.
I have come to the Idea of, if any of you would like to have a picture burnt on your projects, let me see what I might be able to do it. Contact me at [email protected] Each new project means trying to out do my last picture, anything from still life, animals, scenary, you name it, hopefully I can do it.

its an idea of we all using each other for our own talents.
Thank You
Jim Earl

·
Registered
3,537 Posts

I often look over all the new projects displayed here on LumberJocks and think how lucky all of you really are to have the talent to be able to make so many and beautiful peices of ART. I have worked with wood for over 30 years now, everything from construction, finish carpenter, cabinate maker, craftsman and now wood burning. Many of you have seen many of my peices of work but several have not been posted. I have produce over 300 pictures in the last couple of years, and try and do alittle more on each one. I Love burning pictures on just about any piece of wood I can find.
I have come to the Idea of, if any of you would like to have a picture burnt on your projects, let me see what I might be able to do it. Contact me at [email protected] Each new project means trying to out do my last picture, anything from still life, animals, scenary, you name it, hopefully I can do it.

Thank You
Jim Earl
Thanks for the offer. Will keep you in mind for future projects.

·
Registered
17,103 Posts

Thank You
Jim Earl
I won't be sending anything from Norway Jim, but I did want to take the opportunity to tell you how much I admire the really fine work you do. Some of them, the old barns especially pulled at my heart strings as one of them closely resembles my grandparents barn on their farm near Onamia Minnesota. They have passed on and the farm was sold a long long time ago. Nevertheless your pictures awakened my memory of where I spent part of my childhood. Have a great Christmas.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy New Year

Well here it is, the year 2010 and we are planning our newest projects for the year. I have come out with the idea of we use each others talents to enhance our own products. All of us is better at maybe putting a certain cut, or carving out that likeness of and animal a little bit better, or routering those curves, angles or ends on a piece of wood, What ever we are just a little bit better at maybe we can help each other with that special project. I hope maybe my talent of burning that special picture on a special piece of wood can help someone out with your project. After Reading The eMag and all the response for the new project, I can help in some way. Hope to help out. Your Friend
Jim Earl

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another little secretr on woodburning

While setting here at my desk with another Burning on the table, I was thinking that ONE VERY IMPORTANT secret is(just like with woodworking, painting a masterpiece work of art, YOU have to look for the SOUL OF THE PICTURE. With wood burning, anyone can trace over a picture but you have to look inside the picture for the depth of each color. With a pattern being Black, white and many tone of gray this is where you can tell the difference in the picture. I really can't describe how o look for the depth or the SOUL , but it's there, once you have traced the pattern onto your wood or what ever you are burning, then take another copy of your pattern to put the tones of Black , White and grey. you will find that this will make your picture stand out like 3D.
I hope this will help anyone that wants to try and do a little wood burning or Pyrographics.

·
Registered
17,103 Posts
another little secretr on woodburning

While setting here at my desk with another Burning on the table, I was thinking that ONE VERY IMPORTANT secret is(just like with woodworking, painting a masterpiece work of art, YOU have to look for the SOUL OF THE PICTURE. With wood burning, anyone can trace over a picture but you have to look inside the picture for the depth of each color. With a pattern being Black, white and many tone of gray this is where you can tell the difference in the picture. I really can't describe how o look for the depth or the SOUL , but it's there, once you have traced the pattern onto your wood or what ever you are burning, then take another copy of your pattern to put the tones of Black , White and grey. you will find that this will make your picture stand out like 3D.
I hope this will help anyone that wants to try and do a little wood burning or Pyrographics.
This sounds like real good advice Jim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.