LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
With the completion of my last project it was time to get the junk in the corner cleaned up. I had moved a wire shelf into the corner of the shop until I get the bench built. Today it finally departed. In the interim one of its main purposes was to hold my clamps. So I had to pull them all down. As I started to pull them down, it became a game and I started laying them out and arranging them. When it was all said and done this is what I had.

Should of thrown the pipe clamps and Rockler Fence Clamp to round things out ;)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm too lazy to lay them out, but I probably have almost twice as many clamps (half are cheapies). You can never have too many clamps! (especially when the cheap ones go on sale at Harbor Freight).

·
Registered
212 Posts
You guys all know that you don't have nearly enough clamps. Tim, your collection is impressive, but that is not enough. Actually I don't have any of those little spring clamps. bbqKing

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The not so funny part of this, is has slowly dawned on me that I am gonna have to build something for all of the clamps now. That is not supposed to be the next project. Kerfluffle!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
One of the "problems" that we all with this hobby/profession is that with clamps, tools, jigs etc. we simply never have enough. And as the collection grows, sIKE, we find a need to build a cabinet or cart to store them which in turn creates a need for more tools.:)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Scott, that's one of the best things about this particular hobby/profession/obsession; it's a self-feeding addiction. No need for outside influence.

And no, you can never have enough clamps. I'm sitting in the mid 70s at the moment, but when you've got a few things going on … well … you could always use a few more.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
holy crap…before I started reading the blog I saw the picture, and the first thing that came to mind was - WOW thats a waste of space… LOL … then I read the text…. and calmed down.

nice collection ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.