LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wood Lamp Picture frame Tints and shades Metal

Its 3 pieces of cherry and a piece of Mahogany. It sort of shaped itself as I went along, then next ones will be a little bigger…

A young woman who befriended me 3 years ago, is going to school to become a psycoligst and works with special needs teens wants to have an office at home for work related reading and doing whatever…

I asked if I could build her the office furniture and she said I could do anything I wanted…

I had a 12" tube type lathe (Craftsman) given to me and after buying a few items to replace bad parts I can use it now…

I actually paid more for a 8 piece Vintage (Craftsman again) chisels that cost much more than the parts so in the end I have less than a C-note in it all together, and with turning it up works very well for my needs…

I have used lathes before but it was in 8th grade in school and that was 40yrs ago…

Everything is a gift and I'll never accept any form of compensation as a gift should be…

She is having her first child (a girl) and I'm thrilled to death for her. In fact a couple of days later I told her she is growing me a new friend. I just hope I'm around long enough to watch her family grow (she's 32ys my junior).

When the pair I'm going to give her are done I'll add them as my second project.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.