LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
I am in the middle of building wood whisperer's tool storage. the cabinet rests on plywood dividers and was wondering if anyone has any ideas or product to place on the bottom for protection.

Ideally, it would be nice to find a roll of 3/4 wide by say 1/2 rubber to place and staple to the bottom. Lacking this, I was considering ripping some pressure treated strips and nailing in place

Ideas?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have no idea what your project looks like. Need a photo.

Best guess: On all my home made shop cabinets I use simple nail on plastic feet unless the cabinet is on casters. You cannot slide a plywood cabinet around on the floor as the plywood bottoms would splinter. The plastic feet make it easy to slide cabinets around when you want to rearrange.
Cabinetry Table Chest of drawers Desk Wood

Wood Art Metal Stimulant Circle

Attachments

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
+1 Tom
The plastic slides, and you want that little gap to keep your plywood from wicking moisture from the concrete slab

Just a little gap is all you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.