LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just removed a leaky garbage disposal. The motor is still fine and I'm wondering if there is anything I could make with it. Seems too strong for a sand flea-type sanding machine but I'll check it out. Would love to hear other suggestions/ideas.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Assuming that you can remove the "cutter head" and devise a mounting bracket then it would work for any project that required a 1/2 HP motor. Be advised that the motor was designed for short duration use, I doubt that you could get the motor to run for long periods of time without overheating.

·
Registered
8,705 Posts
Hey I just had a idea or two,.....you could fix some old cutter blades on it and use it as a dowel chamfer tool for making garden stakes !!
Or glue an pencil sharpener on the end,.....watch your fingers though and your pencil for that matter!
Oh its too early where is the coffee!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.