LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Those are some great tools but not sure I believe the "it was stored over 3 years collecting dust in the shop, used once just tested it out" statement on each posting. No one spends $40,000+ to fill a shop only to use each tool once then let them sit and rust. In any case, not enough room in my shop, or $$ in my account, for any of it.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I'm with SNSpencer on this one, something just isn't right about this guys post… I think I'll stay far away.

·
Registered
123 Posts
2 points I want to make.

#1 Yes there are some scammers and you can't always believe "like new" but I have got some fantastic deals off of Craigslist. Ask for the sellers for their contact info, don't give yours and you will be fine.

#2 Do your own research. This seller says the Delta 31-250 drum sander lists for 1,858.50. You can buy a newer, 31-260 Delta for $1,099, on sale here in Sacramento for $999 right now. Not a good sign.

There are good deals on Craigslist. You may have to waste some time with some sellers but if you don't check out the tools you will never know.

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.