LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
2461 - 2480 of 2664 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,462 ·
years ago i shot a crow with a pellet gun,it fell to the ground but wasn't dead and started making one hell of cry.i didn't want it to suffer so i ran to it to put it out of misery.i look up and there were dozens of crows coming from evey direction.apparently it put out a distress call.they say crows are highly intelligent.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
.... apparently it put out a distress call.they say crows are highly intelligent.
I remember once getting hit by a pellet gun and I also put out a distress call... about 50 people fronted up and also shot me. Apparently ducks aren't anywhere near a crow's pecking order!

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
A friend said they started playing my video and the crows outside their house started cawing in unison with the video. Crazy! Love the non-lethal abatement. Scare the crap out of them and record it so you can play it back to them later — brilliant!

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
(Trying multi-quote feature)

years ago i shot a crow with a pellet gun,it fell to the ground but wasn't dead and started making one hell of cry.i didn't want it to suffer so i ran to it to put it out of misery.i look up and there were dozens of crows coming from evey direction.apparently it put out a distress call.they say crows are highly intelligent.
very smart, but not smarter than a bear (hey, Boo Boo!)

I remember once getting hit by a pellet gun and I also put out a distress call... about 50 people fronted up and also shot me. Apparently ducks aren't anywhere near a crow's pecking order!
LoL

·
Premium Member
28,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,467 ·
the crow population here kinda thinned out several years ago but now it's getting real bad again.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
You are correct, I have never seen a single Hitchcock movie -- on purpose.

I grew up near Hollywood and toured the set of Psycho and Vertigo before my teens. Scared me enough that I vowed to not watch them.

·
Administrator
3,127 Posts
when I was a kid, we often rescued baby birds that fell out the nest. Our favorite was the Blue Jays.
I always wanted a pet raven or crow just like you see in the movies where some of the people have them for pets. I found one that fell out of its nest a few years ago and I was sooooooo excited that now I can raise one for a pet. BAD IDEA. This thing started screaming like bloody murder and when I got it into the house, it could fly enough to tear up the curtains and poop all over the furniture. I took it outside to put it back under the tree it fell out of and I was attacked by a dozen (seemed like a hundred) very protective crows. Won't be doing that again.
White Black Black-and-white Gesture Happy

·
Premium Member
10,583 Posts
Well if you had seen The Birds, you might not have spent that much time slinging a dead crow around your head while agitated crows flew around you. 😆

Now, you gotta watch it.

·
Premium Member
28,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,480 ·
dev i wonder what your neighbors thought when they saw you walking around swinging that thing over your head.😵

2461 - 2480 of 2664 Posts