LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
I saw the stars but haven't given much weight to them. To be honest I'm not sure whether to think it's progressive or maybe a bit pretentious since post ratings aren't baked into the site.

Until LJs adds some sort of built-in rating system, rating questions and answers is central to how the Woodworking Stack Exchange works.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I went to instructions on how to insert stars and found out would have to update my IE or use Firefox! Someone posted a tutorial in other DVK thread. Did learn could use Word insert feature to do this☻☺. So far not impressed with myself!

If going to rate grammar & spelling I should get 5 stars for all my mistakes. I type like a WM a using the two finger sometimes three hunting pecker system.

No, have not sought out your postings or ranting system in use!

·
Banned
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm very happy everyone has accepted my rating system. I have rated 10 or 12 posts. I plan on stepping that up and rating about five per day. I'm starting out rating original posts only and will eventually include extremely stupid comments which are not all that hard to find. I read one the other day that seemed pretty demanding in that he/she wasn't getting the answer he/she was expecting.

Also, to hell with the he/she crap. Until proven wrong everyone is a he. Again, I thank everyone for the huge welcome and will make sure the rating system meets and exceeds everyone's expectations. If you disagree with any rating I give a post, then tough titty, smitty. My word is the only word and it is the final word.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
DKV,this suggestion I'm about to give ,is meant to improve your rating system:
You said you will give 5 ratings per day,I think you should also consider to nominate 5 posts for for future consideration,this will encourage the original posters to make more well thought out and profound comments.

·
Registered
11,472 Posts
Yea! I jut read the one on Beams37 Workbench Top and replied to it as below. It Stinks!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
-1 ☆ for not making your own top.

- DKV

Think so EH? At that Price and Quality. You're WAY off the Mark with Your "Rating System"! Why would he, or ME bother making it? THINK about it next time!

You can also take the "Everyone" out of this sentence. "I'm very happy everyone has accepted my rating system."

"If you disagree with any rating I give a post, then tough titty, smitty. My word is the only word and it is the final word."

Oh! Really? Does that mean we have a New Moderator on here? Forget the "Final Word" Crap! If I don't like what I see ..You WILL Hear about it. Just like above.

Rick. Good One! + ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ …..Oh WOW! 10 Stars. Thanks DKV!

·
Banned
4,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rick, Rick, Rick, calm, calm, calm, heart attacks and/or strokes are not the answer. Do you treat the movie reviewer or food critic like you treat me? Be nice, relax and calm down. You don't have to agree with my ratings…but you do need to accept them. ☆☆☆☆☆

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.