LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
403 Posts
It would appear my PC DP has some run out which I do not like. I have watched some youtube videos about this and most have replaced either or both the Arbor and/or Chuck but none say where they got them or who made them.

I found a place called Jacobs Chucks but it is all very technical and there is not way to contact them to sake a question.

I don't want a replacement part(s) such as another part from PC, I want a higher quality After market parts.

I would like to find a site which says what DP these parts are for. All the technical mumbo jumbo is meaningless to me

Any suggestions

·
Registered
650 Posts
Is it installed with a morse taper? I assume that it is. I'd make sure the chuck/arbor is seated firmly into the morse taper. I've had my Jet drill press chuck come a bit loose and a couple of firm taps with a sacrificial block and a mallet. I first removed it and cleaned both surfaces to make sure there isn't any grit and then given it a couple of good whacks with a mallet and that has resolved the issue.

As to replacement chucks, you need to find one that fits the morse taper. I've never ordered a replacement chuck so no help there. Getting the chuck off the arbor sucks so if you are getting a chuck might as well get an arbor. And if run out is the problem then the arbor may be the culprit?

·
Banned
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a taper Arbor. I took it out 2 days ago and clean it and the inside part of the quil and the chuck area. Reinstalled gave a few good taps and still run out.

Here is a YOUTUBE vid about the very issue so you can see the parts.

Finger Tool Gas Wood Machine

This guy does the same thing I want to do but doesn't say where he got the replacement ARBOR…

But if you'll notice after he gets the new arbor in hes still got some RUN-OUT so I think he needs a new chuck as well.

I alos have seen a lot of folks make a keyless chuck for this DP but again I cant find out what one would fit my DP????

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.