Porter-Cable - PCB370SS 16" Variable Speed Scroll Saw (Rating: 4)

I have a 24" Delta / Rockwell scroll saw but found it too hard to change blades for scroll work & has too much vibration. When I decided to get a bit more serious about scroll work I checked outquite a few brands & "off"-brands. Yes I'd love to have a New Dewalt or Delta but you need at least $600 to get a new one. I wanted a saw for under $200. There's quite a few out there… Most of them crappy. But the best one I found in that price range is this PORTER-CABLE 16" Variable Speed Scroll Saw with Stand. It has easy left & right tilt of the work surface up to 45 degrees both ways, a nozzel to blow dust away from our sight line, a vacuum hook-up, very easy blade change (something I really wanted that my old scroll saw dosen't), easy adjust tension, a dedicated stand &, unlike some reviews I have read) quite tollerable vibration. I did have to make some adjustment to the blade clamps to make the blade face straight forward. But that was very easy to do. The only thing that I would change is to add a thicker insert for the blade to go through. I have to add a circular gasket to shim the insert up because there is a step from the insert to the work surface that catches your work on, especially if you work on small sized projects. This wasn't hard to do either. I do have to agree that the work light is a bit weak, so I use a battery operated portable light I have that sticks to the stand with magnets. I gave it only 4 stars because of the previous three reasons. But in the $200 price range, (mine was $189) it the best for the bucks.