LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that my friend has 4 kitchens to make and he is to busy to do it himself so i said i would help build all the boxes for him .This is also a good way to make a couple grand to put towards my shop tools. That is why i want to build this assembly table so it is easier to put them together at this height.Also that is why i wanted the mel top so it is easier to slide the cabinets around on.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
If the melamine is two sided (typical), you'll need to rough it up good to get a good glue bond. The glue bond is critical in a torsion box for it to remain flat. You could use melamine glue (Roo glue), but it's a bit flexible. You might even consider routing shallow (1/16") dadoes for the frame members.

·
Registered
122 Posts
There is a plan for an assembly bench in the current edition of Wood magazine. Claims to be dead flat. Haven't looked at it in detail since I don;t need one right now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
go to thewoodwhisperer.com and look in his video archives for a video about a torsion box assembly table. there are 2 videos there, one about the top and one about the base. there is also a set of plans you can download. the top is made of mdf with a piece of 1/8" hardboard on the top to be replaceable. the bench is a little taller than 20" but it has lots of storage space under it. my dad and i both built one of these and they are super strong and flat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.