LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I am currently undergoing exploratory procedures to see if I have prostate cancer or not.Had some checks now doc's want me to go in for a biopsy .As all my symptoms and extreme pain when trying to urinate and a whole list of other problems seem to make him quite anxious.I have already had had the camera down the willy albeit that was a little while ago .It seems now they want to have a closer look at my prostate from the rear end LOL Rather them than me LOL. Alistair I am not unduly worried, of course a little bit but we will have to wait and see. Ah the fun of old age .

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Alistair, information below may be useful for you.

Prostate health: Pumpkin seeds have long been valued as an important natural food for men's health. This is in part because of their high zinc content, which is important for prostate health (where it is found in the highest concentrations in the body), and also because pumpkin seed extracts and oils may play a role in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH, or enlarged prostate).

Sharad

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I hereby lend you my good luck until you're not in need of it. Best wishes, hope they find an easy fix!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Prayers have been sent… & will continue…

Take care…

·
Registered
867 Posts
Someone on here recommended pumpkin seeds for BPH ! I tried that last year but my guess is that I could never get enough of them far enough up my ass to be in close enough proximity to my prostate to do any good ! My Urologist asked if I hulled them first, then chuckled , saying they probably won't hurt you, and then said it really didn't matter since the efficacy is rather questionable in cases of developed BPH. In all seriousness, Alistair I keep my fingers crossed for you. You deserve a good outcome ! I'll be thinking about you. Don S.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Getting old may not be for sissies, but it sure as hell beats the alternative in my not so humble opinion.
They have had to run the rotorooter twice on me a few years back, but I am doing OK now. I will be
keeping you in my prayers.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats a true point Bluepine well said LOL re the alternative.Who want's to die young?LOL Apologies to all I am just back an hour ago from the big city where I have been since monday and I am dog tired. I will be in touch over the next few days you people truly are my best friends. I love you all what wonderful people you are your kindness is making me a bit choked up tearful. You are all a great inspiration to me truly. Alistair

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.