LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've always appreciated the general design of this bench (p.202 of Landis' book) a great deal and always go back to it for some reason. Now I do carving work, but am not a wood sculptor per se, so I really don't require versatility in the height and angle of the table. I'm seriously considering doing a build of this bench, so that the 10" x 21" wings are set into the heavy maple pedestal.

I'm also considering doing the top in Ash (I do need to keep costs down), but keeping that pedestal and the wings hard maple…well, for obvious reasons.

First, I need a source for good 8/4 hard maple in the tristate (NY) area. That pedestal is 6 1/2" thick. I may check out Boards & Beams in NJ. If anyone has a better source, feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Also, any other ideas are welcome. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.