LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've designed a set of end tables and a coffee table that will have legs that are 2"x2" in thickness.

Last night I milled the walnut for the legs (man what a great purchase that jointer was), and now that I have all of the leg pieces to their correct thickness, I'm concerned they might be a bit "beefy".

If anyone has pictures of a project of a table that has 2×2 legs, I'd love to see them to get some perspective.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
tables comes in many sizes and shapes - just like legs. a 2×2 leg is never too small, nor always too big - it really depends on the complete design and look of the entire table.

what are the dimensions of your table? what is the thickness of it's top? THOSE will be the deciding factor if the legs match.

I highly recommend googling "golden ratio" "golden rule" in regard to furniture design.

·
Registered
7,342 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the pics guys, I appreciate it.

I've though about tapering it, but I just dont know…I'm still at the "scared to screw things up" stage.

I should have the aprons (or is it stringers, still trying to figure that out), milled in the next few days. Once I've done that, I'll be able to dry fit it all together and take a step back and look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.