LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see that this will be fun

When I posted my project on the new work station for my Pen Wizard I jokingly said that I would be an expert by Sunday.Well, it's Saturday and I'm half way there!

I tend to do things over and over and finally the light comes on. I've probably used a dozen orphan pen blanks and a half dozen pieces of dowel trying to figure this thing out. (One advantage is that I have cleaned about half the wood off the tube so it doesn't take so long to get it clear of wood.)

Well, the last two orphans I worked on came out just like I'd planned. My notebook is not so much of what works but a lot of what doesn't work.

With any luck I'll have a couple of pens finished and "engraved" tomorrow.

Lee

·
Registered
2,085 Posts

When I posted my project on the new work station for my Pen Wizard I jokingly said that I would be an expert by Sunday.Well, it's Saturday and I'm half way there!

I tend to do things over and over and finally the light comes on. I've probably used a dozen orphan pen blanks and a half dozen pieces of dowel trying to figure this thing out. (One advantage is that I have cleaned about half the wood off the tube so it doesn't take so long to get it clear of wood.)

Well, the last two orphans I worked on came out just like I'd planned. My notebook is not so much of what works but a lot of what doesn't work.

Lee
Keep trying. Experence is the best teacher, I think..

·
Registered
21 Posts

Lee
Keep at it. The fun part is in the learning what a new tool will or won't do. Once you have figured out some of the basic things, try combining effects for a totally new look. The ideas are as endless as your imagination.
Your workstation is set up just like mine. I prefer to see what is going on with the blank cutting so if something starts to go wrong, you can catch it. I would love to see what you have come up with so far with your blanks.

Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.