LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hi everyone.

I bought a canister of Johnson's Paste Wax (the yellow tin), and have been using it on equipment, around the house, etc. Not so much on projects but possibly in the future. My question is in regards to its consistency. When I bought it, it was fairly hard. Like, could pull off a layer with a paper towel for application, but couldn't dip. I stored it in my shop during the summer, but I usually move chemicals, caulk, paint, and finishes down to the boiler room of our basement into a metal cabinet once it gets cold enough to freeze here (Sudbury, MA). It gets pretty hot down there, like maybe 85 in the winter because we use a hot water heating system to heat our house. When I used my paste wax today it was almost soupy, with some separation of the ingredients. Is it still okay to use paste wax in this condition? Is it preferable to store paste wax in colder temps rather than hotter ones? Anyone else have similar tribulations? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.