LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'm assuming you are talking about James Krenov (sorry I have never heard of him referred to as Jim, but can assume he was called it). If he in fact died it is indeed a sad day for me. His work has inspired me very much and I have actually had the luxury of making a few inspired pieces. I have also read a few of his books. If there was anyone I wanted to meet in the industry it was him, and unfortunately I missed the opportunity. I hope to be as humble as he was. He will be missed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Junior, I imagine you are at the inside passage school right now…that must make his passing have that much more impact. I would have loved to have met him, the closest I'll get is his books.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Devin, yes indeed it was an emotional day for Robert, his family , and even us students at the school.
we are fortunate enough to have his teachings, his books, and his work to inspire us.
James Krenov will be well remembered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It seems like all of my favorites are gone now. We are so lucky to have Jim's writings. I re-read them often when I need a little boost or inspiration. He keeps me focused on excellence in many things.

I enjoyed the time I was able to spend with him a few years ago in his shop and in his home. My condolences to his family. He will be missed by many.

·
Registered
410 Posts
We should pray for His family and friends. Lets also remember him in our work. What a great guy. He sure started a wonderful school.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.