LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
At my work, we broke the trunnion bracket on our Delta Contractors Saw 36-465 today. Anybody have one they would like to turn into cash.

If I don't find one in a few days, I'll have the rest of the saw to part out. This saw has some if not all of the same parts as a Delta Contractors Saw 2000 model or like it.

Here is the parts diagram. The part we need is #131.

Font Auto part Parallel Design Art

Thanks for helping us out.

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, pjones46. They listed it as discontinued also. I found a trunnion bracket on ebay yesterday. It may fit or it may not. Looks like it is from an older saw but Delta might have used the same castings for several years. I'll see. If it doesn't work, I'll just sell it along with the other parts of the saw.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
If the part doesn't fit, is there any chance of having the bracket welded? I know cast iron is hard to weld, but some do it.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Get a piece of Delrin nylon material in the same size and thickness and take your time and make a new one.I use this a lot and it is used for such things by engineers it strong as can be and easy to work with just use the original as a template.Alistair

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Sawdustonmyshoulder,

I just broke the same piece on my table saw today. Luckily, i found one on eBay for about $33 that I ordered. Since I have to replace mine now, do you have any tips for replacing it in the saw? Did it require a full disassembly?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.