I would do some things differently if I were starting this step over. I started by creating a template for the curved leg profile.
Mistake 1: I second-guessed myself on the shape/width of the leg profile. I drew the lines manually with a flexible batten just based on a few measurements from the Sketchup model. The result looked too narrow, so I widened it a bit. However, once I had the first leg cut out from the template, the proportions were wrong, so I had to re-work the template and re-trim the leg. I should have trusted the model.
Mistake 2: Using the template to flush-trim the leg on the router table. The narrow work was difficult to keep perfectly flat on the router table, which resulted in some indents when it rocked a little. I had to plane the edges afterwards, so I might as well have just used the template to transfer the profile to the work, cut it roughly on the bandsaw, and then planed down to the line.
At this stage, the legs were too beefy, and I ended-up planing them down a good bit.
While the legs still had two parallel sides, I cut out the notch (kind of a mortise?) at the top that will receive a contrasting spline (tenon?), which will have the pivot point for the leg. I cut these out on the bandsaw, leaving a little material to chisel out later.
Mistake 3: I forgot to tighten the blade guard on the bandsaw, and the blade wandered a bit. Oops.
I'll clean this up later.
I then created a flexible template to mark the tapered sides of the leg. I had some 1/16" basswood sheets that worked great for this.
Mistake 4: I didn't create the template with an aggressive enough taper to start with, so once I did a rough cut on the bandsaw, I ended up with a lot more planing to arrive at the final shape.
These are only partially shaped. The lower half of the legs got planed quite a bit more after this. Once I'm totally happy with the shape and proportions, I'll take one of the legs and update the templates for next time.