LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
I padded a box I made with a material I found at Hobby Lobby. I just walked around thier fabric department till I found something plush without a print and went with that. I worked out fine, but I also put a backer of chipboard under the fabric to prevent any movement and/or wrinkles.

· Registered
587 Posts
I would probably use a soft foam and covered it in a fabric for holding the glass ornaments. I have seen it fabric and craft stores. You can get various thicknesses, I have seen 1/2 inch up to 3 inches. It is like what is inside of a couch cushion. I think you could cut some indents in the foam to help hold the ornament.
mrsn

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hear is what I ended up with.

I used light cardboard like from a shirt package and 1/8" packing foam. Wraped the fabric around it and glued to the back with elmers all purpose glue. Used hot glue gun to put panels in box

Can't seem to get pics posted. Sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.