LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got that WONDERFUL granite top table saw from good 'ole Home Depot. I waited unitl the price came down to $500. I followed PurpLev's assembly instructions (thankfully) and it turned out great. The saw passes the nickel test. I made a low-profile riving knife out of .9 aluminum, and some zero clearance inserts.

Now I want to rig up an outfeed table. Do any of you LumberJocks have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Hi Worth. Congrats on the purchase of the saw and good luck with it. You don't mention whether you have space constraints or not (Don't we all?) but if so, you might be interested in a fold down outfeed table. Here's my version "outfeed table" http://lumberjocks.com/projects/25482 which is also the one TimGates made "table" http://lumberjocks.com/projects/27369. If neither of these fit the bill, you can do a search on "outfeed table" on this site and there are many of them. Good luck.

·
Registered
14,504 Posts
Pardon me Worth and Lenny. I do not mean to intercept (sounds like airborne combat term…LOL) this forum. I have same intention to build an outfeed top/table. I think Lenny's and Tim Gates's version is so well designed and will work.
However, I may one day re-sell my Table Saw. So my main concern is those holes on the body of the cabinet. Would you think the person who wants to buy it might consider it as a defect and request price deduction. Alternatively, is there a way to make the support without drilling the TS cabinet body?

Thanks!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have the same saw and I just made a rolling cabinet/table that serves as both an outfeed and assembly table….Not nearly as snazzy as the ones Lenny posted but it is on casters so I can move it about as needed.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just purchased one of these saws myself. Quite a deal. I'm in the process of building one of the outfeed tables like was mentioned by Lenny in his post. Had to order some angle aluminum as my saws rear angle iron wasn't quite appropriate for the situation. I'll post some pics when I get it up and running.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I also built one like Lenny did. Similar but not exact. I have a project on it with the link to the site where they show you plans, etc.

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.