LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,499 Posts
Went to an antique store or 2, this afternoon....first one? Zero...second one..$20.38 for five items....tain't safe for me to going shopping...plus 3 yard sales in the morning?

Last of the lower cabinet doors have their handles installed..
Cabinetry Drawer Rectangle Wood Chest of drawers

Cabinets are Gray, doors and drawers are a light blue...handles are brass plated...upper cabinets in this corner?
Plant Building Picture frame Flowerpot Houseplant

Busy corner?

·
Registered
352 Posts
RossL I like the deck skirting. Nice job. In my area though, the critters would have fun with exposed electrical wiring. It would probably last about two nights. Even the wiring on the tractor is favorite snack to some critters around here.
You caught me. I still need to replace the old box that had been there before the project. Power is off to those exposed wires in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
"How long does it need to be Mike. I might have a possibility. I have a piece of maple that saved as a mantle. "

Bill, I was going to reply to you but the site was down for migration. I like the new look.

Anyway to answer your question, table is standard height, so a 48 inch beam would yield a leg of adequate length with leftover.

·
Premium Member
21,688 Posts
Trimmed three more interior windows in the garage...

Select Pine (5/4 header and sill, and 3/4 side casing)... hit the small knots 3X with Bin. pre-painted with two coats of Behr Premium Plus semi-gloss (paint and primer in one).

View attachment 3853106

One more to go.
Looks good Matt. I saw you over on forestry forum I believe, but then you didn't come back

·
Premium Member
21,688 Posts
"How long does it need to be Mike. I might have a possibility. I have a piece of maple that saved as a mantle. "

Bill, I was going to reply to you but the site was down for migration. I like the new look.

Anyway to answer your question, table is standard height, so a 48 inch beam would yield a leg of adequate length with leftover.
Mike, that piece of Maple I have would only yield about 5x5. Not sure thats enough

·
Premium Member
33,499 Posts
aka: James Hamilton. The Founder of this little group....his "handle" is Stumpy Nubs. And a tight little group it be....maybe next year, we can have another of the Stumpy Nubs Reunions ? We'll see....

·
Super Moderator
5,235 Posts
/wanders in with a blanket and flops into her bean bag chair/ Made a few wrong turns but I made it finally! Got a roofer lined up for the shop!! Should know when it’s going on by this week. Electrical I’m still waiting on a third quote… could go with it or the first one - we’ll see.

New peeps I haven’t met yet, welcome!

Candy it looks great!!!

Matt, I’m jealous you are almost done! :)

Bandit I’m sure Boss loves it :)

Going back to sleep now. /yawns/

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
aka: James Hamilton. The Founder of this little group....his "handle" is Stumpy Nubs. And a tight little group it be....maybe next year, we can have another of the Stumpy Nubs Reunions ? We'll see....
Maybe, indeed. :)

·
Premium Member
33,499 Posts
And..we hear from our Fearless Leader! How do you like the new place?

Top of the Morning to ya...and the remains of the day to me-self...

One Yard Sale, this morning....Craig gets a roll-around AC Unit for his room, $25......I get a big green tub of Construction tools..$10......Have the M.O. for the rent payment ready to mail out. Jimmie Dean Meatlovers Breakfast Bowl has been nuked...Busy morning....I am worn out..

·
Registered
8,803 Posts
I'll share this excellent video on the much maligned chain saw angle grinder wheel. It's easy to get hurt when you don't know what you're doing, and this video will show you how to safely use this tool.

·
Premium Member
33,499 Posts
Morning to ya....Yep, James left skid marks when he stopped to say "HELLO!" then peeled back out...getting "rubber in all 4 gears"...

It would appear I have a bad Spider bite....on the front of the Right Ankle....right where the "tongue" of my shoe tends to rub.....may have "rubbed" Spidey the wrong way, and she took it the wrong way....

That log looks like it might be a fun one to saw....

21 - 40 of 52 Posts