LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
I'm just finishing up a new front entry door for the house. The third coat of Osmo UV went on a couple of hours ago. I'll give it a week or two to cure and it'll be ready to hang.

Water Property Light Rectangle Wood

Wood Rectangle Wood stain Floor Flooring

·
Premium Member
I like bringing old tools back to life. Putting together a new shop since 2019
2,547 Posts
Definitely some nice work there on that door. Wow!

·
Premium Member
4,239 Posts
Well, the fifth window is complete except for some minor adjustments. Still making a few mistakes but getting better at it. My Son asked last night if Dad is ever going to make something that someone can use? I guess he has a point. I really want to make a tool cabinet but SWMBO won't like that project. I am thinking a small table might be nice or perhaps some Christmas gifts
Drinkware Tin Beer Tableware Beverage can

·
Registered
352 Posts
In NE Ohio, we have groundhogs, and they've made at least one burrow under our deck. I've been working to groundhog-proof the perimeter by trenching down and out about a foot, laying-in an 'L' shaped section of welded wire mesh, and then back-filling with soil. This gave me the opportunity to upgrade the deck skirting, too. I haven't seen a groundhog in a while - the commotion may have driven him off. But there's a 1-way door installed that I'll leave for a while just in case. I'll be using the scraps of the treated lumber skirting to make some deck chairs.

Wood Rectangle Shade Bedrock Road surface

Plant Building Natural landscape Botany Flower

·
Registered
727 Posts
In NE Ohio, we have groundhogs, and they've made at least one burrow under our deck. I've been working to groundhog-proof the perimeter by trenching down and out about a foot, laying-in an 'L' shaped section of welded wire mesh, and then back-filling with soil. This gave me the opportunity to upgrade the deck skirting, too. I haven't seen a groundhog in a while - the commotion may have driven him off. But there's a 1-way door installed that I'll leave for a while just in case. I'll be using the scraps of the treated lumber skirting to make some deck chairs.

View attachment 3853103

View attachment 3853104
Ross,

Those tunneling critters can really wreck havoc. I had a mole attack this year and never got em.

Skirting on your deck looks great.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts

View attachment 3853103

View attachment 3853104
Very nice. I like the corner treatment.

·
Premium Member
I like bringing old tools back to life. Putting together a new shop since 2019
2,547 Posts
RossL I like the deck skirting. Nice job. In my area though, the critters would have fun with exposed electrical wiring. It would probably last about two nights. Even the wiring on the tractor is favorite snack to some critters around here.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts