LumberJocks Woodworking Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,674 Posts
Just before the last credit crisis a year and a half ago, the credit card companies started sending emails offering high interest rates on FDIC insured accounts. They seem to be starting again. I have had several in the last few days. I saw on the news the banks are repaying their bailouts so the CEO compensation won't be limited. Last time I expected something to happen, but not quite as bad as it was, I wonder if, here we go again??

·
Premium Member
25,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If everyone did that, they would have had to abandon trickle down economics in 1985:))

·
Registered
118,619 Posts
Out of the the thirteen businesses in my little town only 5 are still open. We just lost are hardware store this week with great owners and just not enough business. It's sad to see good people loose there business.

·
Premium Member
25,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
REal sad. One of my friends is in the dirt moving business. He's down to 2 employes and he says so close to bankrupcy it isn't funny.

the last time the CC comp started offering FDIC accounts, I knew money would get very tight. Now I'm wondering how much tighter can it get??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.